Saucy Mama has some off the chain wing sauces! So why not use them to transform my favorite pork product? Behold:
Tempura Battered Buffalo Bacon Bites with Bleu Cheese
I use both the regular Hot Wing Sauce as well as the Garlic Wing Sauce to add a little more complexity of flavor. OMG! Sooooooo yummy. And sooooooooo easy! Go ahead. Try the recipe. You’ll never look at a plate of Buffalo Wings the same way again!
6 cups canola oil
1 pound slab bacon
1 extra large egg
1 cup Saucy Mama Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce
1 cup rice flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 ½ cups seltzer
1 cup Saucy Mama Hot Wing Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup bleu cheese crumbles
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- Using a deep fryer or Dutch oven, heat canola oil to 375 degrees.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch cubes and deep fry 2-3 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Whisk egg and Saucy Mama Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce together in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk rice flour, cornstarch and seltzer together until just combined. *Don’t try to remove all the lumps or you risk deflating the seltzer.
- Drop the bacon in the egg/wing sauce mixture and toss to coat.
- Remove bacon from egg/wing sauce mixture and shake to remove any excess.
- Working with 3 or 4 pieces at a time, drop the bacon in the rice flour mixture and coat completely. Then carefully drop in the 375 degree oil and fry until golden brown, (about 3-5 minutes).
- Combine Saucy Mama Hot Wing Sauce and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high 30 seconds, or until butter is melted.
- Toss bacon in the hot sauce/butter mixture and pour out on to a serving platter.
- Garnish with crumbled bleu cheese and thinly sliced celery.
Try Saucy Mama for yourself! http://barhyte.com
Now excuse me while I let Sparky know the photos are done and he can actually eat what he’s been drooling over since I went into the kitchen!